meryl/maks

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2023 9:37 pm  #1921

Re: Season 32 is back where it belongs...we can all be together again!

CEK40 wrote:

april6263 wrote:

CEK40 wrote:

Ok another change of topic…what are you all doing for Thanksgiving???

This will be the first time I have actually cooked a traditional Thanksgiving since I got married.  You all know that we always did Thanksgiving at my MIL’s house and after she passed away my son and his family went to her moms.  Well we just would cook things like Chili or Chicken and Dumplins or something like that cause usually hubby was working.  Well this year we are doing Thanksgiving on Friday since my son goes to my DIL’s house.  I will be cooking the whole Thanksgiving meal for us and my sons family…wish me luck!!!

Good luck!!! I’m cooking this year too

Good luck to you too!!!

Thanks….Grandma will be here to supervise me so it ought to go ok….LOL

11/07/2023 9:38 pm  #1922

CEK40 wrote:

JetmamaDiDi wrote:

april6263 wrote:

So am I!!!  I keep threatening to bomb my SIL’s with the 20+ we are expecting!!  LOL

Good Luck to you too Jet!

THanks!  I’ll just be cooking and baking for 3 days ahead of time!!

I absolutely love him, and he’s an incredible person. We have this friendship that I have no doubt in my mind is a life-long friendship.  Getting a chance to know him away from training for Dancing With the Stars, I think we've gotten a chance to know each other in a different way, which of course just makes you closer. Meryl
We fell in love, but our way. Maks

11/07/2023 9:39 pm  #1923

april6263 wrote:

CEK40 wrote:

april6263 wrote:

Good luck to you too!!!

LOL

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans." - James Herriot

11/07/2023 9:39 pm  #1924

april6263 wrote:

CEK40 wrote:

april6263 wrote:

Good luck to you too!!!

Just stay off the Benadryl or Grandma may be cooking!!  LOL

I absolutely love him, and he’s an incredible person. We have this friendship that I have no doubt in my mind is a life-long friendship.  Getting a chance to know him away from training for Dancing With the Stars, I think we've gotten a chance to know each other in a different way, which of course just makes you closer. Meryl

11/07/2023 9:39 pm  #1925

JetmamaDiDi wrote:

april6263 wrote:

JetmamaDiDi wrote:

I really grew to enjoy it, although it was not easy!  But the old guard ladies were very inspirational.  They did amazing work!  It was really only a few who were vocal but the teacher, rightfully, didn’t feel comfortable in a situation in which she thought she wasn’t appreciated.  I totally agreed with her.

Funny side bar was that the “mouth” who was the most vocal lady happened to encounter me at the back of the classroom a week or two later.  She expressed some remorse for having stirred the pot (guess she never taught her kids to think before they spouted?!).  I stood up for the teacher and told her that she had been rude…and that those of us who hadn’t been in the class for 30 years appreciated her efforts because the teacher who died had dementia and it was very gracious of the school to allow her to continue when she really was NOT capable of rubbing two nickels together, but she and her husband needed the money.  First time I’ve every known a bureaucracy to have empathy for anyone!  I think I made her feel a little guilty.  It was just rude and uncalled for the way she had behaved.  She actually agreed with me and almost apologized!!

You go Jet!!!

I never expected to have the opportunity to give that woman my opinion!!  It was pure chance!!  I was less hard core than what I wrote, but she got the picture!!!

Some times it’s important to be reminded to think before we speak ….I’m glad you had a chance to speak to her about it

11/07/2023 9:39 pm  #1926

JetmamaDiDi wrote:

CEK40 wrote:

JetmamaDiDi wrote:

So am I!!!  I keep threatening to bomb my SIL’s with the 20+ we are expecting!!  LOL

Good Luck to you too Jet!

THanks!  I’ll just be cooking and baking for 3 days ahead of time!!

Me too.  I have to also!

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans." - James Herriot

11/07/2023 9:40 pm  #1927

Thanksgiving is really pretty easy to cook.  Most everything I do is easy!!  LOL

11/07/2023 9:40 pm  #1928

CEK40 wrote:

april6263 wrote:

Gangnam Style again???? Really ?????

I know right!!!

I thought that song was over 10 yrs  ago

11/07/2023 9:41 pm  #1929

april6263 wrote:

Gangnam Style again???? Really ?????

I wasn't happy about it, either, but I enjoyed that way more than the last time. I think the judges did, too!

A perfect score in a team dance? What does that do to our game, lol?

"There's good, there's great, and there's Meryl." --Len Goodman

11/07/2023 9:41 pm  #1930

Do you all get the John Travolta commercial that was just on where he is Santa??

Board footera